Taylor takes top job permanently

taylor
taylor

taylor

Chris Oliver

Chris Oliver

taylor

Imani Bingham, Staff Writer

Summit may have a new principal, but it’s a familiar face that’s taken on the role.

On Oct. 28, interim principal Todd Taylor became the school’s permanent leader. He replaces Dr. Charlotte Ford, who resigned in September.

“Todd Taylor understands and appreciates unique culture at Summit,” math teacher Charlene Dunham said. “He has a sincere passion for our students and truly supports their success. He’s a hands-on type of administrator. He’s visible, to all levels of the Summit family. Teachers, students, parents, and staff. He has the type of personality, temperament to build a cohesive team.”

That is one of the main goals for Taylor, who is in his 10th year at the school. Teachers agreed that since taking over at the start of the year, Taylor has brought a positive attitude to the campus.

“I really feel that he really cares about the students,” basketball coach Matthew Harris said.

He has made a point to shine the light on each and every one of the successes and accomplishments of students and faculty.

“I want to make sure every group, club, extra curricular activity feels supported and gets the proper recognition they deserve,” Taylor said.

When he makes announcements, Taylor points out the successes of the school’s organizations. He also sends a weekly email to the staff and parents that includes those items and upcoming events.

“I think he’s very visible and he’s supportive of all the kids and staff. He’s really good with communicating with parents,” Teen Leadership teacher Keli Cullen said.

It goes both ways. Numerous faculty members contacted district administrators to show their support for Taylor as their choice.

“I felt honored, humble and excited,” Taylor said. “I guess any job that’s responsible for over 150 employees can be challenging, but more exciting then anything. Having the opportunity to impact positively two thousand plus students, which I love. Few jobs give you that opportunity.”

• Taylor takes top job permanently

News

• News

Lasting Impression

• Taylor takes top job permanently

Features

Spring cleaning

• Taylor takes top job permanently

Features

Best of the best

• News

AcaDec takes third at state

• News

Moving On

• Taylor takes top job permanently

Features

Crafty Fundraiser

• Features

Tough choices

• Taylor takes top job permanently

News

Waneck chosen SHS teacher of the year

• Taylor takes top job permanently

Featured Multimedia

F.R.O.G. Week kicks off Thursday

Taylor takes top job permanently