Listen Up

Must-have Hip Hop albums

Jatan Naik, Staff Writer

2017 was a fantastic year for hip hop, the music genre really took off with many new artists making this genre extremely popular in the United States. The year of 2018 looks promising for hip hop fans, with a lot of new albums being released by big artists. Here is the list of the five most anticipated albums of 2018, curated by a major fan of the world of Hip Hop.

1) Culture II

One of the earliest and possibly the most anticipated album of 2018 is Culture II by Migos. This album was teased in late 2017 around October, and was going to be released in December. Though the album was delayed and is now confirmed to be released in January or early February.

2)    Turbo Grafx 16

With Kanye West being one of the biggest names in the hip hop community, people are stoked for his new album, Turbo Grafx 16. This album was teased in early November when Kanye said he’d been working on this album for months. In an interview with 93.9’s The Fan on the Morning Show, Pusha T confirmed that Kanye West’s new album would be released in 2018. The release date is yet to be confirmed, so it’s going to be a while until we hear from Kanye.

3) Carter V

“Lil Wayne,” a name almost everyone in the hip hop community has heard of, who may be possibly one of the greatest rappers of all time… has told his fans to be ready for his new album being released in 2018. The fifth sequel to the Carter series, Carter V, is going to be Lil Wayne’s upcoming album. Fans were roaring when he teased this album. Although it was recorded back in 2013-2014 the album has been delayed to 2018 because of his issues with Cash Money record.

4) Beerbongs & Bentleys

Post Malone, one the biggest and the most successful artist of 2017, has teased the release of his 2nd studio album Beerbongs & Bentleys to be released in 2018. Once releasing his single Rockstar, which recently went platinum, Post Malone took of in the hip hop community and fans couldn’t wait to hear more.

5) Sremmlife 3

Rae Sremmurd, the duo made up of Swae Lee and Slim Jxmmi have told their fans about their new album Sremmlife 3, the third sequel to their Sremmlife series. After the duo’s most successful single, Black Beatles, the the duo has teased this album since and the fans have been restlessly waiting for it to come out.

Listen Up