If I Stay

Ny'esha Miller, Staff Writer

The movie If I Stay, based on the best-selling novel by Gayle Forman, was released Aug. 22. It’s based around the life of 17-year-old Mia Hall who is faced with an obstacle of picking between the two things she loves the most– her boyfriend and her cello, but here’s the catch: she’s on the brink of death. After being in a fatal car accident and being knocked into a coma, she must not only choose between her to loves, but whether to live without her family or join them in the afterlife.

Chloe Grace Moretz, the actress who played Mia, had a great performance in this movie. She made the movie come to life in a way. Her love life in the movie attracted young teenage girls who felt like they could relate. Another person who did well in the movie was Jamie Blackley, who played Mia’s boyfriend, Adam. The emotions he portrayed made it seem like it was real.

Although there were many good things about this movie, there were some downfalls as well. It was a little confusing, and it didn’t flow very smoothly. They could have made it clearer as to what was going on. If you zoned out for a few minutes, you would be lost for a little while.

If you haven’t seen this movie yet you should get up and go and see it. It’s a movie that you don’t want to miss. This movie teaches you to value family and the things you love. It also teaches you to live life to the fullest and do the things that make you happy because you never know when your expiration date is.

Rating: 8/10

If I Stay