One Way or No way

Nyesha Miller, Staff Writer

Toward the end of last school year, teachers started enforcing the rule that students could only go one way at the spot where D-hall intersects the stairs. Many people have a problem with this because it causes them to be late to class, especially when they have to get to classes that are upstairs. Having only a five-minute passing period makes it even harder.

It’s time for something to be said about this rule. Many students are in rage about this. They feel that it isn’t fair at all to be told which way they can and can’t go. If going the “wrong way” at that intersection is what will get students to class on time, they should be allowed to take it.

It’s understandable that there’s a lot of traffic going on at that intersection, so  making people take a different route may slow it down. This idea resolves a lot of commotion and confusion in those intersecting hallways, which makes it easier to keep problems down in school. There are a lot of fights that are started because of a simple bump or push.

On the other hand, it is still causing problems. The overall intention is to make it easier for people to get to class on time, but that’s not happening for everyone. Once you stop and think about, it there’s traffic in every hall in Summit, so stopping people from going down a hall that’s convenient for them isn’t right.

The best solution for this problem would be to just let students take whichever path works best for them.

One Way or No way