Spring Signing Day

Makaela McCoy, Staff Writer

With high school coming to an end, seniors are beginning their journey to college. On May 19th, six athletes decided to take their education further and sign to the university of their choice based on their sports.

With family and friends gathered around and supporting the athletes, Arianna Baker signed to Oklahoma State University, Nia Jackson signed to Tarleton in Stephenville, Zuri Filmore signed to Mountain View in Dallas, Burrell Taylor signed to West A&M, and Hanad Basel and Chris Rundles both signed to the University of Mary-Hardin Baylor.

“Although I won’t have my best friend with me, I still am excited and have faith, persistence, and family,” Baker said.

Many of the athletes are starting this journey off alone, except for Basel and Rundles. The two have been football buddies since their freshman year of high school.

“I’ve been with this dude for four years so it’s cool that we are going to be living together and playing the sport that we love,” Rundles said.

As for Basel, he is also very excited to share the college experience with his best bud.

“It’s a blessing that I’m playing with my friend in college,” Basel said.

All six of these athletes have a bright future ahead of them. Whether if they’re alone or not, they still get to play the sport they love at the college of their choice.

Spring Signing Day