The Most Important Meal of the Day

Asa Rice, Staff Writer

It has been said again and again that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Schools push a healthy breakfast before tests and coaches push a nutritious power boost before an athletic competition.

A day without a breakfast can hinder it completely and make every task seem more difficult, especially if you constantly eat breakfast each and every day before.

“I try to not let it affect me,” track and basketball athlete Destiny Johnson said. “But admittedly sometimes it can be hard.”

To make sure she gets lots of time to eat breakfast, Johnson gets up an extra 10 minutes early. When an athlete is used to waking up at five in the morning for practice, waking up even earlier than that shows it’s importance.

“I usually eat a lot of cereal or fruit,” Johnson said. “I think it makes me more focused.”

Breakfast gives you body a boost of nutrition and can wake your brain up, as well as improving your mood.

“It gives me a boost to start the day good,” swimmer Alex Alvarado said. “I have a gatorade, muscle milk, a cereal bar, and a sandwich.”

For Alex, breakfast helps give him the energy to take on his entire day of swimming and school. But for others, breakfast can also be more social than purely for energy.

“I eat breakfast with my two cousins everyday before school,” sophomore Jace Gormley said, “We have gotten doughnuts from the same shop all year, and the lady that works there likes us a lot.”

No matter what breakfast is for you, it’s clear that it can better your day in more than just one way, whether it’s helping you get focused, giving you energy, or just starting the day off with family.

“It starts my day off right,” Alvarado said. “Days I don’t eat breakfast can be a lot more difficult.”

Start your day off with breakfast. Any breakfast, can change your whole mood, mindset, and day.

The Most Important Meal of the Day